AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just how much corn is really out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 10/19/2015 05:49 (#4846891 - in reply to #4846669)
Subject: RE: It all depends on where you're located.

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
I'm sure that Minnesota facing a record crop needs to make some room but I wonder if making pile might be routine given the conveyors shown in the pictures.
However, other places they're short and given the crop prospects going to be shorter. I talked to the mill manager of one of our larger regional mills Saturday and he was very disappointed with how much corn they had receive last week, just 100 tons. As a concequence they sent one of their employees who also grows some corn out to harvest his in order to be able to fill feed orders this next week. The corn broker for the ethanol plant called around looking for some old crop corn last week as well and that tells you something.
More to the point, what we here in NY know is that this year the mills won't be able to send a truck to Ohio or get a few car loads from Indiana this year. It'll need to come from Iowa & Minn. It's a good thing that the tariff for railcars is going to be cheap this year. And this is on top of the fact that in a normal year NY typically sends corn to Penn. & even Maryland.
And then again it's all a question of how much you're willing to pay.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)