AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Okay Sat ,fishy and others with a bearish view
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 10/18/2015 20:48 (#4846450 - in reply to #4846167)
Subject: wouldn't want to re-live the 80's, but certainly wouldn't give up the memories either....

East Central South Dakota
Rich, could be my name on your post. I will be 54 in a month and my youngest has two years left at SDSU. I started in 1984 after college graduation and the bank was calling by 1985. Dad and I dug ourselves out and it was hard...............but why do I always smile and remember some of the things we did to survive with a smile. Remembering the hard times in the 80's is a confusing emotion for me. Reflecting back we were just as happy with nothing as we are now and we camped, went fishing and maybe had more family time then, than today. Sometimes I feel like I grasp on to those hard times and memories in an effort to never forget. The fire of those very trying times forged a lot of the personalities that exist today. To me the goal is to get into the position to pass the torch and hope the handoff to a younger runner goes smoothly, my knees are getting tired of the distance of the run.

A favorite memory is looking at a falling down building and trying to figure out how to make it "hog tight"....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)