AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Okay Sat ,fishy and others with a bearish view
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 10/18/2015 20:14 (#4846336 - in reply to #4846043)
Subject: RE: Okay Sat ,fishy and others with a bearish view

emtbd1979 - 10/18/2015 17:04

Bonpas - 10/18/2015 16:59

Could you please re-write those statements or questions or comments where they make a lick of sense? I have no idea if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me?
im agreeing. He talks about that time period like he barely made it through when in fact he was barely out of high school with no skin in the game. He lived through that time period the day way I did. Watching.

You are correct. A $500 swather is a $500 swather. Value changes, that's why you do a financial statement yearly. Auctions a lot of times are the easiest appraisal.

Tangent to the original question but that depends on what you want it to be worth. If you need to collect insurance on a destroyed piece of machinery, what do you want the adjuster looking at for how much to make the check out to you to buy a new one? Auction prices or dealer lot prices?

To the original question, if he asked you the same question in 2012 would it be right to project $7 corn for the next 5 years? Just like it wouldn't be right to project $3 corn for the next 5 years now. I think the question is unorthodox for a banker to ask to say the least. You should question your bankers motives to ask you that, and like others have stated, maybe he doesn't have your interests in mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)