AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing 2015 Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

lesser
Posted 10/1/2015 10:23 (#4817878)
Subject: Marketing 2015 Corn

New to the forum as of yesterday. Thanks for all the input that I read on a daily basis.

I am a young and pretty simple farmer. I grow my crops (beans and corn) and have been very fortunate in yields for my first 5 years. I sell beans throughout the year and haul them in for cash flow and store all my corn even if it is contracted for spring. This year is no different and it has worked out well except I only have 20 percent of my corn contracted on the July run (yes not smart on my part). So my question is this and maybe it is not that simple from reading all the posts over the past 3 years.

What can I expect for the corn market to do from now until June. I don't do any trading just looking for opinions and appreciate them right or wrong. What time periods can I expect peaks and valleys and what is a good target to start selling some. I usually sell 10% at a time on rallies and kind of leap frog at dime to .15 cent increments until gone. I don't shoot for the moon I just try to make enough to keep it going as I have a full time job to support my family.

Take a stab at it I would love to just hear what people think and don't be afraid to be wrong that is fine by me, just like input from people that have experience. This is very broad, but all farmers have to have a long term stance on this also I would assume?? I know this gets covered, but the terms used are way over my head so if you can keep it simple it would help me out. I think most of the conversation is short term which is more for the traders??? Is that correct??

Thanks in advance!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)