AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAT/OldMcDonald and lessons learned.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/30/2015 21:30 (#4817192 - in reply to #4816685)
Subject: RE: SAT/OldMcDonald and lessons learned.

Buxton ND
Great post Buford, yes I was probably alittle blunt and rude, at times your gotta blunt to get one point across. Yes we had some lively discussions with OldMc (that's the fun learning part) if I remember right (at times I think I'm getting Youngheimers) I was on the spec money deal and he was on the supply/demand biologic clock of cows. Yes I was too early and missed "THE high" by probably 2 months. The biggest point I was trying to make was the spec money was playing in the barnyard, ALOTTTTTT.... I STILL shake my head on what this money can do in any given market and its kinda like MPL wheat, who would have ever dreamed we'd have $25 wheat OR $245 feeder. And this from someone who's Dad got excited to get $67-69 for fats years back

I would love to have some spec money numbers ( or market players at the time) from the 1970's,,,,, I've given up cause there simply not there.

And another thing, used to raise cows (hated them) and pigs (loved them) so I know how much work they are and think the livestock guys earn they keep just alittle more then the grain only guys. BTW saying that easy like ! ! !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)