AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAT/OldMcDonald and lessons learned.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

buford
Posted 9/30/2015 12:23 (#4816633)
Subject: SAT/OldMcDonald and lessons learned.

SAT, for the most part I like you (I don't like your post today tho) and you bring a lot to this board. I really appreciate you NAILING the corn top a long time ago and explaining the reasons why. It was textbook and you pointed it out. However down below you say that 18 months ago you didn't follow cattle. I beg to differ with that statement A LOT. I am going to give you the benefit of a doubt on the timeline because time does get away from a guy but I remember your posts on the cattle market quite differently. Here is the way I remember it: The cattle market had broke out into new highs and yes, it had run a ways. That is when you started beating your drum a little. As it continued up your drum got a little louder and you were more vocal while at the same time both fats and feeders were on a tear. You were way too early (and yes, that saying about a broken clock might well fit here to some degree) There was another poster who doesn't come on here much anymore named OLD MCDONALD who was in tune with the cattle market (as well as other markets). You and OLD MCDONALD had some lively discussions. He was on the right side and you were on the wrong side at that time. His insight was uncanny and he rode the feeder market uncovered right up to within a week or two of the high. He was kind enough to come on here and let us know that he had hedged his calves. It didn't get a lot of attention but it helped me immensely since it was quite a drastic change from what he had been saying for a long long time. He didn't say that Feeders were going down, only that he felt it prudent to lock some of this in. There were others that were in tune also BOTH on the way up and warning that maybe we are at the top, namely AHAY and others (one of our good Canadian posters) and Texas Pawpaw who is a more quiet, wiser poster. So while I gladly give you credit for calling for lower prices and I do appreciate your posts, I also feel you should also give credit to guys like OLD MCDONALD who disagreed with you when prices were going up and also nailed it when the top was in. The lesson to be learned from all this is that when Market Talk is blessed with a participant like Old McDonald whose knowledge is way beyond just a couple markets I don't think we should fight with him to the point that he gives up and posts less than many of us would like him to. Maybe you deserve to thump your chest a little, I don't know, but maybe along with that you should recognize those that had the pulse on the market BOTH on the way up and on the way down. Now I have said my piece. Keep up the good work on the money flow. You are good at it. It would be more of a class act if you would recognize that there are others equally as good that deserve to be heard also and are not a threat to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)