AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A peak at my playbook going forward
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 9/29/2015 17:23 (#4815210)
Subject: A peak at my playbook going forward

Red River Valley
Here is what my marketing book is going to look like going forward

Beans

1) I will be building a long position in beans buying in 20% increments for the next week ( will not buy everyday but most ) till I get long my whole production in beans. this is a this is a moderate long term position ( 2-4 months unless my objectives are hit sooner )

corn book will be a little more complicated

1) I will be going long July 16 vs short Dec 16 this is at -.02 at this time I expect it to get to -20-25 before to long 2 months maybe 3 I will be walking into a full position at varying times should be there by Oct.15th

2) When the above objective is hit we should be trading July 16 somewhere close to $4.50 but dec. 16 will be closer to $4.25 at that time I will sell July 16 corn against my 16 new crop production and I then will reverse the spread and go short July 16 and long dec. 16 as the farmers unload the bins they will work the carry back into the market.

3) if the above objectives are hit I will be looking at formulas to sell some maybe a large chunk of dec. 17 corn production.

I have all of the wheat I need sold for 16 production and doubt that I will raise any for a while after that. ( might even cash in the 16 stuff ) but do have some tiling to get done so most likely not.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)