AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atta boy Donnie boy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/28/2015 08:02 (#4812659 - in reply to #4812655)
Subject: RE: Atta boy Donnie boy

Buxton ND
As read 1234 post I'm thinking a remake of 2012, then this part,

"Corn is going to need to move in non-traditional ways from areas of surplus to areas of deficit. In order to do so it will be need to be purchased and transported. The simple act of getting it bought and transported will cause the price to be negotiated. Buyers won't be able to claim there's all this unpriced corn available to buy because they will be forced to actually bid for it. They will have to go into the market place and price it.

For me this market place also includes SA, we saw this big time in 2012 and was part of the reason we did not "Run Out" US Dollar vs the REAL is totally different then in 2012. We saw this roughly 2 weeks ago when SA corn was booked into the SE, first was rumor, the next day I heard 5-6 boat loads. Some will say just a few boats its no big deal, but for every boat load imported, that's one boat load still sitting in the tin cans. One boat load, plus one boat equals 2 boat loads added to the carry over.

The trouble with this is we have weekly export reports, we DO NOT HAVE weekly import reports. So how much actually gets imports is a after the fact, fact with a 2-3 month lag time. Again this was proven in 2012,,, if you dont believe me check out how much imports changed on corn from the 1st 1/4 of the marketing year til the last 1/4 in the USDA reports. "normal" imports are 25 mb give or take and with 1.7 BB carry we sure do not need anymore then normal.

So in the coming months, if the end user pass the plate of cookies in the form of a very strong basis in your area,,,,, I would take a couple cookies. Now if your gonna wait til the bitter end and grab the WHOLE PLATE OF COOKIES,,,,, you may just ride that plate of cookies Over "THE CLIFF" as some did in 2013

FINALLY this plate of cookies also gets passed to the cattle guy and gals. And the Dairy guys sound like they have plenty of milk to wash them down ! ! ! ! !

I'll give a "hat tip" to both Tara and Don, I had a itch to buy wheat 3 weeks back or so, they bought it, I missed it, dam should have bought some COOKIES LMAO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)