AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is school worthless?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BryceH
Posted 9/27/2015 23:33 (#4812398 - in reply to #4812017)
Subject: RE: Is school worthless?

Nunn CO
Personally I think jobs which require a skill set in the manual labor field; mechanics, plumbers, contractors, construction, carpentry, landscaping, and of course farmers in our cases, generally don't benefit from higher, or even lower, education as much as most Americans. In the example of farmers the skill set is likely passed down from older generations and constantly being honed and perfected by new generations. We don't fall under the massive amounts of regulations that jobs like; lawyer, judge, investment banker, doctor, and higher politicians do. I certainly wouldn't hire a lawyer who didn't go to school if I was being accused of something that could send me to jail, would you? At the same time some of the best farmers I know don't have college education and I gladly take advice they offer. Personally have completed high school, went to a private college (DU), received a bachelors of science in finance with minors in; leadership, physics, and engineering. Honestly, and unfortunately, I'm not sure those have dramatically helped my farming abilities. However, I believe furthering ones knowledge/ education can never be a poor decision. Those are truly the most valuable currency.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)