AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next yr?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/27/2015 09:29 (#4810931 - in reply to #4810854)
Subject: $12 beans not possible?!?

Sat you act like everything HAS to go lower.. Do you not acknowledge that we could see $12 beans?

Let me count the ways:

1) the Real rebounds..  It has fallen from 0.64 Real to the $ in June of 2011 to 0.25 this week..    The slide is blamed on the expectations that the US Fed will eventually raise rates.. (and that will happen.. someday..) and on a political scandel involving Petrobras.. the state owned Oil company.

2) We got a WASDE update this week coupled with the Sept Stocks report.. What about that Residual error in the Soybeans.. They are still at 81 myn bushels for last year...?!? (was last year's US crop overstated?)

3) USDA once again has a VERY HIGH Soybean Yield dialed into this year's numbers.. 47.1.. If they cut last year's crop.. with all the problems found this year.. late planting.. flash drought here at the end.. There's plenty of room to lower supplies this week.

4) Who wants to sell off the combine for these values?  How are processors going to get supplies if movement doesn't pick up?

5) Heavily oversold market..  The funds are short beanies...

So.. I think we could get a quick dollar or two pop in the beanies.. No doubt.  If corn trades over $4.00 and 2.5 x that to get people to plant beans next year (we cut acres here.. and will continue that next year..) It's gonna take at least $10 beanies to do it..

6) The 1988 drought followed a Strong El Nino like the current one we are in... so what comes next..??

7) other..

At this point the risks to the upside are greater than the risks to the downside...  I don't know that we get to $12.. but $9.50 to $10.. $10.50 like we did a couple of weeks ago seems "doable" to me...

How much longer can everyone hang out on the CHEAP Beans side of the boat..??? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)