AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JonSCKs, Biodiesel & the VW scandal, you may be correct.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/26/2015 10:27 (#4809500 - in reply to #4809294)
Subject: It is a topical subject.. lots of press right now.

Not trying to stir up a hornets nest.. (he he..) but there's gonna be a war between the Greenies and the Technoites on this subject.. multiply by your belief in Climate Change and for some it will be Issue #1 for the next election.

For the record I have been a Climate Sceptic.. Really?!?  Man is casuing the ocean's to rise and the temps to rise along with CO2 levels?

"uh huh.."  and it's not just Solar changes eh?

CO2 is pretty hard to refute.. but that ain't all bad for Ag.. honestly.. if that's the case.. how much of uptrending yields does that explain?

Now the drought of 2011/2012 was an eye opener.. I remember 1980..81 and 88 but really haven't had anything that bad since.. save the occasional hic up's..

and we're almost back to normal.. although I have 2 tail water recovery pits.. that have NEVER been dry before 2011.. that have weeds growing in the bottom of them now..  We STILL have NOT FULLY Recharged/Recovered.. and now they are talking about what comes AFTER this El Nino event..??  Which 1988 was after a big El Nino...  hmmm..?!?

I like ethanol partly because of the Ag policy side.. our original intent was to go full bore on production.."Freedom to just FARM!" where your fixed costs are the lowest.. spread across 100% of acres.. and we'd dump the excesses into Fuels which would

a) help reduce emissions
b) stretch non renewables
c) promote economic growth.. especially in Rural America
d) stabilize job losses.. give farm kids a reason to come home and raise a family in the Country

and we've been somewhat successful in these regards..

I don't know that I'm ready to jump on the Cap and Trade Climate Change Bandwagon...???  probably gone from denier to Agnostic.. ??

However, if it's coming anyway..???  The Conservatives sold their soul to the Greenies in Cali.. and??  Now you have CARB.. which SOMEHOW thought that importing Ethanol from Brazil was better than Ethanol from Nebraska?!?

And the Whole EU regulatory mess..

.. so..  ???

That being said.. from my perspective.. it's working.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)