AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic oil blowing out of plug on single acting cylinder
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 9/23/2015 13:53 (#4804414 - in reply to #4804332)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic oil blowing out of plug on single acting cylinder

SE Manitoba
Two Hawk - 9/23/2015 12:36

Check around for a hydraulic repair shop, my local shop got me aftermarket seals for 12.00 that Agco wanted close to 100.00 for, sometimes they can get higher quality seals than OEM for far less.

Sometimes he says - - - if you have a good shop (for seals and and and) I would think ALWAYS for less.

You might even be able to update your seal types to one of the new elastomers.

I would suggest taking a cylinder apart and looking to see its internal condition - - - if its not too bad maybe its time to chuck it into a lathe and sand the inside. If the pitting is real bad buy yourself the DOM tubing and the other parts you need and MAKE your own.

With the welding I would suggest a 2 pass weld - - - a nice quite hot 6010 root (looking for excellent penetration here) and a fairly hot 7018 top pass with NO weaving (stringers only!!!). Easy good for a lot of pressure. You can test with air in a pail with soapy water and some plugs. Doing this isn't something real hard just make sure you're confidant in your welding (you are dealing with 2500 to 3000 psi without shock loads) but if your decent you should have few issues!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)