AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So, what is the game plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 9/16/2015 18:52 (#4792411 - in reply to #4792299)
Subject: Game Plan - CCC

Buxton ND
Clay has bought this up acouple of times. If you have not sold any by now, fill the bins to the nuts. If you need money take a CCC loan. Don't think this will fly with commercial storage. I haven't did a CCC loan for quite a few years, but when I did, I DID NOT take the CCC loan as income, I took the income on the grain when I sold it, plus the interest expense. This is the way I originally set up my CCC loans in the 1980's and don't not know if this works today and think ORIGINALLY is the key word here. You have some cash to pay bills or pre-paid while deferring income, killing 2 birds with one check.

If you've been the diehard GBS guy "Grow it, Bin it, sell it" DO NOT CHANGE THIS YEAR as GBS has worked poorly the last 3 crops years I do not think it will be 4 in row. If you think storing grain has payed the last 3 crop years from what you could have forward sold for you need to look at some charts. KEEP AN OPEN MIND,,, forward selling can mean for March or July and you can still fill the bins..... Its just a tad different twist for the GBS guys you just need to keep an open mind ! ! ! ! ! ALSO remember you can set the futures price and basis at totally different times.

Buying calls, I like the idea but do H not Z, not alot of time left in Z,,, a broker may not like you buying H,,, he rather you do Z and he gets a slice of the pie if you roll to H
March calls
4.00 = .25
4.20 = .16
4.50 = ..09ish
Just don't buy call after the market has rallied .20-.30 buy them when no one else wants them when we've tanked .20-.30 Think I will put a order in for say .06 on a 4.50 I DO NOT like that hangmen's noose pattern on the ZCZ chart today.

I'll give ZCH16 a 55% chance of hitting 4.50,,,we're need some export biz to do that,,, see I'm not always bearish.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)