AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conservation Stewardship Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 9/15/2015 08:19 (#4789983 - in reply to #4789930)
Subject: RE: ramps and such

Montana
If I removed the Wire panels and fencing from my Stock tanks, on a very hot day, the big boss cows would try to climb into them and poo and lay down and would make a big mess. I know there are many hypothetical things that some may think will work but there is nothing like being on the land and making improvements for over 50 years.
We read the rules and I could not comply with the Bird ramp enhancement when I renewed in 2014. I was able to find two enhancements that work but it is frustrating to me that there is no common sense any more with the NRCS. There are very good people and some very dishonest and unqualified people and it seems that many of the very goofy and dishonest ones are making the rules.

My daddy was one of the first ever Conservation district Supervisors For the Beaverhead conservation district in Southwestern Montana. He saw so many changes over his life and He had great respect for the good people that served in the SCS and the NRCS with accountability and honor. We have a Very good, honest Director in our county but his hands are tied by so many of the new goofy rules.

People who supervise Conservation efforts, with good accountability and common sense need to be able to verify and document needs and good Stewardship and allow those carefully documented plans and innovations, to be a part of the CSP program. JMO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)