AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cargill SRW basis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 9/10/2015 21:36 (#4782431 - in reply to #4782359)
Subject: RE: Cargill SRW basis

Near-north Ontario, French River
edit from post above. -- Ok it appears the .35 over bids are in Essex /kent areas only , the higher bids are London/north/east . I've been told that the VOM issue isn't nearly as bad in the London/north/east areas so that would explain the difference within the AGRIS system,,,, What I can't explain is why Thompsons is at +.40 , which is on par with the AGRIS essex/kent bids, BUT Cargil is at .90 on the website. I can't seem to find the 1.05 you are quoting but I'll take your word for it. If the bid is REAL, and the grading and discounts are similar I say go for and sell to Cargil. If i were you I'd call Cargil and ask about the grading and discounts, just to be sure its apples to apples. AGRIS is grading on Fusarium only, which is visual. Cargil MAY be grading on Vom, so what may pass as grade 2 at AGRIS , may grade as Feed at Cargil...... so take discounts into account. Not sure how Thompsons is grading, but based on the similar basis I suspect they are grading on Fusarium as well. I'd be very surprised if there isn't 'more to the story' to explain the difference in basis,probably related to grading/discounts, or maybe Cargil is just short on filling contracts and NEEDS wheat regardless of quality. I only say that because while Agris isn't always the highest bid, nor the lowest, it's rare to see a large difference between Cargil and the other two players in the market. Let me know how you make out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)