AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol update.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/10/2015 19:35 (#4782031 - in reply to #4781996)
Subject: USDA announces blender pump funding.

The Commstock Report has been on DTN this week.. I enjoy reading David Kruse's commentary on.. whatever.  He went off the other day about how US farmers Complain about things in the coffee shop while European farmers take to the STREETS!

"How are we going to BUILD usage for ethanol if FARMERS do Not USE it themselves?"

hmmm... well... that is a good point.

Furthermore Ag Secretary Vilsack removed more hurdles today by announcing the receipts of USDA funding for blender's pumps..

http://www.agri-pulse.com/USDA-announces-states-to-receive-blender-pump-infrastructure-funding-09102015.asp

Thursday's announcement clarified the states and projects that will receive funding. Exact funding amounts will be announced at a later date, but Florida (892) and Texas (763) will install the highest estimated number of pumps.

Other states receiving funding include: Colorado (28 pumps); Illinois (428); Indiana (110); Iowa (187); Kansas (174); Louisiana (110); Michigan (89); Minnesota (620); Missouri (171); Nebraska (80); North Carolina (190); North Dakota (90); Ohio (148); Pennsylvania (308); South Dakota (74); a joint proposal from Virginia and Maryland (191); West Virginia (107); and Wisconsin (120).

USDA said department funds will be matched by private and state resources. The grants “must be used to pay a portion of the costs related to the installation of fuel pumps and related infrastructure dedicated to the distribution of higher ethanol blend,” but the matching funds can be used for related costs such as additional infrastructure, marketing, and educational and administrative costs that come along with a new blender pump.

Renewable fuels advocates were quick to praise Vilsack and the USDA for the announcement. Tom Buis, CEO of Growth Energy, called the announcement “a tremendous win for American consumers.” He said the grants “will help build out the necessary infrastructure to increase market access for higher ethanol blends,” which will “provide consumers with a choice” of higher ethanol blends.

The announcement comes one day after the American Petroleum Institute released a study asserting that “severe economic harm” would result should the biofuel blending requirements called for in the Renewable Fuel Standards be enforced.

Vilsack called those claims “outrageous” and “preposterous,” but said the study stresses “the importance and significance of the opportunity that the biofuel industry presents.”

Bravo..

I don't know about anybody else but I'm getting tired of reading about API press releases.. (especially when they are WRONG!!!)  If the Bakken is only going to last about 20 years at current pumping rates.. (I can post the data btw..) WHY are we NOT USING RENEWABLE RESOURCES to ENHANCE NATIONAL SECURITY and EXTEND non renewables?

maybe we need to take a little more AMBITION from our European Farming breathern.. at least in regards to the American Petroleum Institute...??

evidently Putin is moving troops into Syria.. ( http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/10/putin-sends-his-dirty-war-forces-to-syria.html ) man that whole thing over there is a powder keg.. I don't believe we're ever going to run out of Crude.. but our dependence at these lower prices are CLEARLY swinging back to the Middle East.. KSA's strategy IS Working.. and I don't mind buying cheap Crude from them... I just don't like having to send our kids over there to straighten things out whenever someone gets in a tizzy and invades someone else.. and Crude goes to the moon...  Look at history.. it's happened before.. it's gonna happen again...

"only a matter of time..."

Edited by JonSCKs 9/10/2015 21:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)