AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CRP rental rates.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

2s2r
Posted 9/10/2015 13:44 (#4781533 - in reply to #4779651)
Subject: RE: CRP rental rates.........

Good for you. Absolutely nothing wrong with the CRP program. Way better than the crop insurance program has been. Clean water and soil loss has taken a huge step backwards since the crop insurance program. I can't believe the number of "farmers" who've added bulldozers to the their equipment line to fill in the ditches in their fields due to the erosion from growing row crops on ground that shouldn't! I've never seen some streams as muddy as I've seen them the past few years during heavy rains. Way worse than it used to be even when people mold board plowed because most had some hay strips and waterways at least. Those CRP acres will grow crops in the future. Some of the farmed acres around here have been irreparably damaged forever. Gone to the gulf. Too much rampant greed. I'll rent mine to US gov't before any BTO around here. A beginning farmer has a better chance of making it with a CRP payment guarantee than selling grain in todays market. What would the prices be today if several states that are flooded out this year weren't? Everyone's income would be below cost of production. Don't make many payments then. I'll take my 250acre + CRP payment over break even any day in order to keep my farm. I too could have tore out fences, ripped up pasture, bulldozed the wood lot, planted the dry lot and said good bye to the waterways but how much is enough for some people?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)