AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CRP rental rates.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 9/9/2015 12:54 (#4779651)
Subject: CRP rental rates.........

East Central South Dakota
Went to FSA to sign the farm program papers and take some land out of CRP, on some contracts that have expired........................until the nice lady at FSA told me what the new re-enrollment rental price was. I went with all intentions of taking it out and re-enrolled in a split second. My rental rate went from $38/acre on the old contract to $123/acre on the new. This was just a contract with no SIP or PIP, some of the new continuous signups have both of those pushing payments to the $150 - $170 area for my county.

25+ million acres are enrolled in CRP as of 2014

The 2014 Farm Bill ratchets down the CRP acreage cap from 32 million acres under the 2008 Farm Bill, to 27.5 million acres in 2014, 26 million acres in 2015, 25 million acres in 2016, and eventually to 24 million acres in 2017 and in 2018. No acreage limits are imposed on CCRP or CREP within the overall acreage cap.

If you haven't checked your rental rates lately and have interest in this program I would get moving fast because at these high rates we will hit the caps fast.

The million dollar question is when we hit the caps is the conservation and wildlife lobby strong enough to get the caps raised ? ? ? If prices remain were they are today, history says the farm groups will jump back into bed with the conservationists and the caps will get raised. Anyone liking the roller coaster ride in agriculture ? ?? Interesting times indeed........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)