AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dave Ramsey coarse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/9/2015 03:53 (#4779053 - in reply to #4779031)
Subject: RE: Dave Ramsey coarse

Thank you, thank you! You and davpal hit it right on the money. I've listened to him some in the tractor, lot of good points but at the end of the day I feel him and others that I like to listen to go to the far extreme sometimes. I feel a person learns or just reaffirms certain values in life if you listen to the likes of Dr. Laura, Bruce Williams(off the air now, and was my favorite one).

I will never forget I had a math/computer teacher in high school that was also a rancher/sheepman. I still remember the first day in his consumer math class. He told us there was two things that if you didn't learn them in his class you wouldn't graduate high school. It was to be able to balance a check book and fill out a 1040 EZ tax form, and he meant what he said.

I still credit that teacher for a lot of my success in life, as he taught me how to count the pennies in life and they soon became dollars for me. But I also got those teachings from parents and grand parents as well. I got a lot of advice from them over the years, some had a little different twist on it, but at the end of the day it all came together.

Now all we teach in school is how to run a smart phone, heck kids can't even fill out a job application if it's not on a smart phone app. these days! I guess there is one good thing about a smart phone, that the day the cell towers and satellites go down you can still use that smart phone to put catsup on and dip your french fries in!

P.S. I'm a owner of a smart phone
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)