AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

R we running out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frogfarm
Posted 9/9/2015 00:25 (#4779015 - in reply to #4778452)
Subject: RE: I guess that depends on what you are suggesting we are running out of

Well, I wish I knew how to do it, but overlay yearly production graphs on yearly export graphs and there is considerable correlation with wheat, beans and corn.
For this year I am thinking corn at closer to 80 million acres harvested and was at 162 bu/A harvested, but now thinking maybe only 160 per acre = 12.8 to 13.0 bbu.
Soybeans larger acres this year and what I've seen are looking good, but such a finicky beast when finally mature.
Wheat I have no handle on and "they say" world awash so not likely to be short, but when US supply drops so do exports in all cases b/c the exporters will never allow domestic supply to reach zero as they are tied at the hip with animal production and other end uses.

I consider the grain companies to have a better estimate of supply than USDA or WASDE and so I watch exports as an indicator b/c US export price is generally competitive with other exporters.

Not accurate 100%, as ES and offshore production always a large factor, so maybe only 70%.

IDK and always admit it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)