AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allendale numbers and crop finishing quickly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 9/2/2015 20:42 (#4766945 - in reply to #4766636)
Subject: RE: Allendale numbers and crop finishing quickly

McHusker - 9/2/2015 18:25

I would like to know what the guesses would be if USDA said nothing until October or later? answer, the guesses would be all over the map and they should be. Surely Mr. Einstein would not approve of this whole "process."

I'm laughing because I've been thinking the same thing. Before Aug 12 every analyst was talking low 160's, then all of a sudden they are all seeing a better crop, just following the USDA's lead. Talk about GROUP-THINK!!! Can't they just put their own estimates out and be their own man?

Even listening to Chip Flory, he has been asking every guest if they are taking the over/under on the PF yield estimate.....I think every one I've heard is a gutless wonder who just agrees they are about right on everything....nobody wants to stick their neck out right now at all. They are all sticking very close to the conventional wisdom and group-think of Chicago. And is seems like the closer we get to harvest the more uncertain they are about being bold. I suppose predictions now can be hung around someone's neck because its close enough to harvest that people will remember.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)