AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allendale numbers and crop finishing quickly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 9/2/2015 17:42 (#4766578 - in reply to #4766423)
Subject: RE: Allendale numbers and crop finishing quickly

Nebraska aka the boondocks
Yes, the crop is finishing fast now. We have fired up the irrigation full bore again. I have to ask about all these yield guess experts. I was just on the phone with two agronomists today. The one gives a 20 bushel range on the fields, the other doesn't really like to guess at all because it is just a guess. However, someone sitting in an office half way across the country can give guesses within a couple bushel per acre? How the hell does that make any sense whatsoever??? Does anyone ever obtain all the dry scale tickets from the fields they guess on to see how accurate they were in the end? I also find it very peculiar that my county yield has not changed since January, I had more shrink than I thought last year coming out of the bins, I was wrong on actual measured bins, and yet USDA nailed it many moons ago? Some people say mockingly, "when will we know, THE TRUTH?" I have an answer, never. Perhaps they should call it "old mother hubbard" accounting, and when they went there, the cupboard was bare!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)