AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did guessing the yield...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MattNWOH
Posted 8/20/2015 17:24 (#4743849 - in reply to #4743735)
Subject: RE: Did guessing the yield...

Dang it. I took your bait. Well maybe I read too much into your post, but your opinion on the matter seems easy enough to pick out. You've got an angle for sure. Seems like you're trying to instigate something or rub it into the fundamentalists faces. If you're not, great. If you are, keep it to yourself. Let's answer your questions one by one though!

The first two questions are rhetorical. No of course it didn't help any one who was still long with their marketing. No it did not help that it was bearish. Of course not.

Next question. Will the next report help you? No probably not. We still won't have enough information by the next report. We all know that. No, guessing the yield will not turn anything into a price that's sellable. What does that question even mean? Guessing numbers doesn't move the market. Not even Pro Farmer's.

Guessing the yield is mostly sport, a way to kill some time in the summer. It's entertainment, like the Pro Farmer tour. Relax and enjoy the pictures of corn ears big and small that you wouldn't normally get to see. Let them do the trespassing for you. Rooster said he was going to come to the ECB and punch some guys in the face for selling the crop short. I though that was pretty funny. It's all in fun. The arguing, the discussion. The only numbers that matter are the USDA's. You know, after they adjust the final yield once or twice. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't think they guys guessing yield are betting their business on guesses.

I'm tired of the arguing, too, but I'm not tired of the discussion.

Now, how will it help? That question wasn't in your original post. Just a bunch of silly questions you already know the answers to.

LongKC has a smarter answer than I can give you on how it could have helped. I'm just here to learn. I'm a reader of the forum. I enjoy your input.

Edited by MattNWOH 8/20/2015 17:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)