AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hemp For Victory WW II
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Marlhauler
Posted 7/14/2015 10:51 (#4679219 - in reply to #4677076)
Subject: RE: Hemp For Victory WW II

Vicksburg MI 49097
oconnorfarms - 7/13/2015 09:35

German prisoners were brought into Michigan at Midland. I know several families that had prisoners work on their farm. The prisoners were thrilled that they would survive the war because they knew their chances of survival while fighting in Germany were almost zero. These young men (many were barely teenagers and others were elderly) were conscripts who had been forced into the army and had nothing to do with the Nazi party. One remained here and was my patient until he died in his late 80's. Others went back home but until their death still sent Christmas and Birthday cards to the farm families they had become friends with.

I guess I don't know much about History. I mean they never taught me that in Public schools. I would think that Europe was very devastated agriculture and all. I am guessing food was hard to come buy in Europe .. so yes just to be fed and not being shot at every day must be nice.

I can imagine these Prisoners being easy to work with. Can you imagine the Jihad Muslim Mentality. They would kill you with a screwdriver if they got a chance.

Now days the ACLU would not allow Prisoners to work and the Unions too they would say that you were taking jobs away from Americans.. Then during WWII everyone worked . The woman Worked in the Factories while the Men were at War..

I copied and pasted my reply to the other Poster that knew about Prisoners working on Farms in the USA .. Very Interesting never knew about this before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)