AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hemp For Victory WW II
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Marlhauler
Posted 7/14/2015 10:42 (#4679207 - in reply to #4676474)
Subject: RE: Hemp For Victory WW II

Vicksburg MI 49097
Balzy - 7/12/2015 21:43

There was a hemp mill in Grundy Center near here during WW 2. They used German and Italian POWs in the fields and maybe in the
mill, too. They housed the prisoners here in Eldora in an old CCC camp that was located on our county fairgrounds. One building
still remains and has been preserved. They hauled them the 20 miles in trucks. People say the prisoners were so much better
off than they had been that they didn't want to escape.

I have read about the CCC program. I thought most camps were just tents? I have never been to Eldora, but my Father has been there a few times for the Sprint car races..

I guess I don't know much about History. I mean they never taught me that in Public schools. I would think that Europe was very devastated agriculture and all. I am guessing food was hard to come buy in Europe .. so yes just to be fed and not being shot at every day must be nice.

I can imagine these Prisoners being easy to work with. Can you imagine the Jihad Muslim Mentality. They would kill you with a screwdriver if they got a chance.

Now days the ACLU would not allow Prisoners to work and the Unions too they would say that you were taking jobs away from Americans.. Then during WWII everyone worked . The woman Worked in the Factories while the Men were at War..

Edited by Marlhauler 7/14/2015 10:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)