AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fertility on leased ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nwks
Posted 7/12/2015 15:12 (#4675643)
Subject: fertility on leased ground

I am currently in the beginning stages of negotiations of renting some additional dry land acres. They have been in my eyes maintained less than desireable in both nutrients and conservation, but that is another story. What I am afraid of is that the owner has told me that soil samples have not been drawn in 10-15 yrs and he has continued on the same fertilization program since the last soil sample. IF I were to rent this land I want to start on a short term lease of 3 years, to see where markets, weather, and the working partnership lead to. I know that the land I currently farm which of some is in the same area as this potential land has been turning out way better yields crop after crop. I attribute this to being very aggressive in my fertilization and farming program. Has anyone had a third party entity take soil samples and record GPS coordinates and continue taking samples in that location for the duration of the lease incase you would loose the lease and would have increased the fertility of said land? How would one go back and establish what the value of the excess fertilizer would be worth? Average cost during the lease of the purchased fertilizer? Or am I dreaming and worrying more than what its worth and the hassle?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)