AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need some soybean herbicide advice...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 7/9/2015 22:32 (#4671039)
Subject: need some soybean herbicide advice...

East Central, Nebraska
so I had a nightmare field last year. it had giant ragweed on it. sprayed it with valor the day it was planted, then hit it with roundup when weeds started to show, then hit it with cadet and roundup again, then hit it with cobra and ended in a disaster.

this year trying to stay ahead of the game. I put on a pre of 24D and valor a few weeks before planting. and stuff looked real good for a long time. about 30 days ago the fields started to show some signs of marestale so I sprayed a pass of roundup and firstrate. it fried everything or so I thought. today I was scouting these fields and am seeing a whole bunch of waterhemp. some small some 2 foot.

I stressing pretty good here and not sure which direction to turn. this is over 600 acres. about 5 different tracts. the last hundred acres or so my chemical guy said to switch to cadet because the waterhemp is going to start being a big issue in our area so I did, what little that got sprayed with cadet looks great. it is burning the heck out of the beans but they seem to rebound alright. now they are getting to be pretty tall and just started to see flowers starting today. this ground that was sprayed with only firstrate and roundup are going to be taken over by waterhemp. I am sick. seriously, third pass the second week of july.

like I said I don't know which way to turn now, I have a lot invested up til now and I cant help but think that the cadet burn has to effect yield somehow doesn't it?

thought I was on the right track, guess not. what would you do?

Edited by caseihfarmer 7/9/2015 22:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)