AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Disease?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

PRO SCOUT
Posted 9/22/2008 23:28 (#467042 - in reply to #466571)
Subject: RE: Corn Disease?

Purdueville, IL
A lot of talk of diplodia ear and stalk rot in cental Illinois in DeKalb and ASI hybrids. Most seems to be those that did not spray fungicide. Although there is no direct correlation between fungicide use and diplodia, I believe the improved plant health after fungicide use may lead to less incidence of diplodia. This is coming from areas that were very wet until late July, then very dry and very wet again since the first hurricane came through. Many of these fields that I scouted had none or very little leaf disease by brown silk, making it hard for a grower to justify fungicide use. I did not hear of the push by Monsanto to spray Headline like they pushed it last year. Personally, I have 61-69 sprayed with fungicide that looks outstanding, planted April 24, and standing great but still over 30% moisture, could be my best hybrid this year. Have heard of dissapointing yields same hybrid in same general area, harvested early due to weak stalks. Curious who else is seeing this in central IL?

edit-dissapointing yielding fields were NOT sprayed with fungicide (that I know of)

Edited by PRO SCOUT 9/22/2008 23:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)