AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

foliar products to promote flowering in soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/3/2015 13:40 (#4659675 - in reply to #4658730)
Subject: RE: foliar products to promote flowering in soybeans

King City, Mo
PTA280 - 7/2/2015 22:09

There are some farmers that make foliar work year in and year out. Why do you believe it didn't work for you brad? Was the timing wrong?

I like to know who Im Talking to and where people are at. You might wanna Add a last name, location and email address to your profile and to add value to what you post.

I attempt to make money growing crops and raising cattle. So I want to do things that gives me long term results for my farm. I work for a seed co too and see guys try different things and spend money on products that might do something for one year vrs fixing their soil.

A foliar product does not have the lbs of nutrient to make a difference.

I've sprayed waist high beans before when we were just using roundup only years ago. You knock down too many beans and using over lapping residuals should keep the sprayer parked after an early post spray. I can't get excited about needing to spray my field every week or two with a foliar product or the expense to do so. I've got other things to do like play with my boys vrs spraying foliars all summer.

It amazes me how this add on or that makes the sprayer trip $15-25/acre and guys don't think about how they could get around 100# of KCl or ams or 10-30# of a micro nutrient for that.

Well grandpa farmed, dad farmed, I've got a lot of years left farming hopefully and someone will prob farm my ground after me and after them. Look how spots near old livestock barns always yield better 2 generations later....great grandpa applied decades of manure and built that up as he didn't wanna haul it to the back 40.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)