AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4 inches of rain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 6/28/2015 12:07 (#4650734 - in reply to #4650382)
Subject: RE: 4 inches of rain

We got a nice 4.2 since Thursday night, I sprayed some Wednesday, afternoon, GLAD I did. Used to say anything over 1" was just run off, but now as wet as the ground is, 1/4" does the job.
I think even the worms have packed up and left for awhile, that or they are all washed out to Lake Erie :-)
A lot of my beans were just starting to come out of wet stunned sickness and that "puberty" stage where they seem to just sit there, but today, I am surprised how well things look.
This is the most water / rainfall I have seen in memory. The Maumee was about over banks along 424 late yesterday afternoon, and probably was this morning.
I am getting quite concerned about getting / mudding the wheat out now, those fields are really saturated and more rain for tomorrow forcasted, yay.
Putnam county fair canceled a lot of events yesterday, so I was told after / at church this morning, I 'll bet they are having fun mudding out all the campers and trucks this morning.

Man, a guy would think that this market would move a little more, but sure is stagnet yet huh ?

Blessings to the more misfortunate than we are, thats for sure, we could be worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)