AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well....that did not work out as planned. Grade my performance. Lots-o-pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rebuilder
Posted 6/27/2015 07:56 (#4648600 - in reply to #4646679)
Subject: RE: Well....that did not work out as planned. Grade my performance. Lots-o-pics

Bourbon,Indiana

hf213 - 6/26/2015 07:21 Do you think the rolling harrow would have worked better if the leveler bar was removed, I am thinking that maybe your soybean damage came more from that than the baskets. ? I realize you were short on time and was a spur of the moment deal, just wanted your opinion.

Actually, the boards have all the spring tension removed. They sort of just floated over the rye, except in the very thin stands. Even there the boards did not seem to cause as much damage as one would guess. I know it is impossible to see in my pics, but there is actually one board missing due to a helper bending it up bad enough to have it removed this spring. I was not able to see any difference in that spot vs. the rest of the swath. So it was the rollers which did the most damage.  I went fairly slow though... about 5.5 mph.

It rained all afternoon, and all night last night......but I am not going to complain too hard. There are a lot of guys worse off then us like you said. My biggest disappointment was in some of the hard rain events, I had muddy water leaving my No-till fields. That made me sick....but not much I can do right now. I will be adding more covers to those fields.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)