AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Throwing in the towel....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DC4020
Posted 6/23/2015 13:50 (#4642218 - in reply to #4641849)
Subject: RE: Throwing in the towel....

Central Ga
No need to apologize. You didn't start a pi$$ing match. Another member can take credit for that. I am in the south and looking at the skies and listening to it thunder as I type this and I hope we get a good rain. We could use one. Your original post is as relevant as any I have read lately considering the adverse conditions that so many farmers in your part of the country are dealing with right now. Very few farmers begin the year looking for an insurance or pp check, no legitimate ones anyway. But sometimes despite our very best efforts as good farmers there comes a time when you have to make tough decisions that can make the difference between continuing to farm or lining it all up and calling the auctioneer. This is serious business here and to be judged by someone who is not walking in your shoes and paying your bills is tough to swallow. Thanks for the post and for bringing to this forum what I am sure is front and center in many farmers minds right this minute. Good luck to you and all the farmers that are dealing with unusual adversity right now. We have a pretty good crop. Hot as heck right now and could use a good rain, but nothing even close to what a lot of you are going through.

Edited by DC4020 6/23/2015 13:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)