AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Throwing in the towel....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/23/2015 13:15 (#4642174 - in reply to #4641849)
Subject: RE: Throwing in the towel....

Leesburg, Ohio
Dennis: Don't pay any attention to the jerks here. There are many folks on this site that are stand-up guys with great knowledge and class. And then are a few others....

Just know that most of us can understand your frustration and frame of mind, but we would say don't let it get you down. I don't really care for the government programs, but we have them, and at times like these they can be a big help...we have cashed a big check a couple years since 1999, and we were very thankful for it.

I am always in favor of planting a crop if at all possible when there is still a reasonable chance of it making a decent yield at all. But there are times we need to know when to fold and get ready for next year. We folded on a couple fields one year...I think 2010?? But we have also planted corn as late as June 20 with normal yields (but high moisture). And we have planted beans as late as July 17 with 40 bu. yields (everything went just right after planting that year).

To those here who seem to be so critical of anyone even considering the use of PP: Maybe you should get off your high horse long enough to admit you don't know the poster's situation, and to quit being a complete arrogant jerk. Why would even a complete jerk make such comments and try to kick a guy when he's down? Of course I am sure your life and operation is perfect...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)