AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Throwing in the towel thread below..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 6/23/2015 10:41 (#4641981 - in reply to #4641969)
Subject: RE: Throwing in the towel thread below..

Rolla, ND
I can remember when we had a big PP year here. It was a mess. I'd go to farm meetings and hear farmers talk about the people here feeling so guilty they were donating the insurance check to their church. Seems people just couldn't imagine a genuine situation where one couldn't plant.

Forward a couple of years and many of those people didn't plant. Kind of stopped much of the talk, though people still it seems like to pick out an individual or farm and say how they certainly never intended to plant just sit in the easy chair and collect money.

I can remember too where people got turned in for not applying normal inputs to their farm on the screw your neighbor 800 hotline.

In one case, the auditors who came got a really strange look on their faces when they open up the records and the first thing they see is the farmer paid the custom applicator to apply fungicide on every single acre of grain. That was a quick audit.

It's too bad that people sit and think poorly of others when they don't really know the situation, it's not healthy for their soul.

I actually think that farmers get hooked with the whole machine that works to discredit working people in this country so it separates them and makes them weaker so they can be taken advantage of.

Let's take insurance, they set up a hotline so farmers could be turned in. Did you ever see a fraud hotline to turn in the companies. The most common insurance fraud I've seen is policies being sold that will cover you and yet when something happens then suddenly you aren't covered.

One way to notice these situations is when the farmer is expected to deliver no less than and the companies are expected to do no more than. Like say when you contract grain, your grain must meet minimums, but the grain company pays no more than.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)