AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Throwing in the towel....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 6/23/2015 08:24 (#4641780 - in reply to #4641447)
Subject: RE: Throwing in the towel....

King City, Mo
If someone wants to plant till aug 1 that's fune by me.

If they didn't take crop insurance that is fine by me as I didn't start taking it till 2013 after the drought if 2012. It sucks to lose you butt on all your crop but you gather up and go again. I've got kids and have to think about more then just me. So I got the safety net of crop insurance.

This spring my opinion looking at the numbers that if we all raised a decent crop the fall price was gonna be lower the spring price and generate an RA payment. Who knows if I'm right but it made me up my ins to 85%.

By taking Pp beans your not gonna get rich. After premium taken out your getting money to get the next crop planted.

I'm not gonna let fields sit idle that went pp. I'm going to improve terraces and drainage so Wanna join in when its 100F days and digging down in a hole with a spade. I'm going to apply Rock phos or aglime if needed. I'm going to cover crop on some and go to wheat on other acres as we've missed it in our rotation last year.

So if you do take pp try and improve your farm so it can grow a higher yield for the future. Do what's best for your operation for the long term.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)