AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Throwing in the towel....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 6/23/2015 07:20 (#4641676 - in reply to #4641447)
Subject: RE: Throwing in the towel....

We are facing similar problems on the opposite corner of the state. It is very frustrating and stressful. I have become pretty hard to live with the last couple of weeks.

I would suggest trying (and I'm preaching to myself here) to take the emotion out of these decisions and evaluate each problem analytically on a field by field basis. What works best a couple hundred miles away or even for your neighbor across the road won't necessarily be the best for you. Weed control is a must IMO as resistant weeds going to seed will have long term, costly consequences. Applying additional N may or may not pay depending on the health of the corn and the lay of the land. Look at the numbers on failing that 120 that is underwater and leaving it empty. Replanting the ponds and puddles will likely pay, but there will be a date when that is no longer feasible.

Try (and again I'm preaching to myself) to get away from the mentality of throwing in the towel. Try to look at things from the angle of this it what makes the most economic sense on this field on this day with these know variables.
Hang in there, this too shall pass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)