AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can say it now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

No soil disturbance
Posted 6/21/2015 14:33 (#4638770 - in reply to #4638325)
Subject: RE: I can say it now

Mutt, if I remember right you are from over around Hoxie, correct? Sheridan County anyways? I think you guys are much drier than us to the West. I know on the Mesonet station you guys show about half of our rainfall since April 1st. I saw Hill City is pretty dry still yet as well. I haven't been that way much except for one quick trip through on 24. Is it pretty spotty on the rains or kind of widespread? I have been out checking some fields through some thicker areas of irrigation in western Thomas and Eastern Sherman Counties and I haven't seen hardly any wells running yet. We have only pumped .5" on our corn (which we didn't need as it rained like the next day) this year and it is pushing V7-V8. Probably start it up this week though.

I think our dryland will last a long time without rain and after looking at some corn here I am glad it is making it work. I think it was starting to be lazy in putting out roots. Not so much anymore after the last few days. Crazy you guys are so much drier. I figure if we can get the wheat out without rain then I will be pretty happy and it can rain again all it wants. Hopefully you can start catching up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)