AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me win argument with momma...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

monse
Posted 6/21/2015 11:57 (#4638582 - in reply to #4638274)
Subject: RE: Help me win argument with momma...

NE ND
It has always seemed to me that we get the shaft on fathers day. I have sent my wife off with her friends for a girls day out numerous times for mothers day. I always try to pull extra weight with the kids and household duties that day. In return for fathers day I get to fire up the grill and then take the family to the local play ground for the day, only to take three tired and crabby kids to local DQ for supper later. I am not saying that is bad, but I will put off the most necessary jobs to do those things every Sunday or evening that I can. I try really hard to balance that family/farm line. I am asked out often by my friends to do some shooting, fishing, or just drink some beer. I haven't taken them up on it because I would just feel selfish for doing something like that instead of being with my family. Would be nice to be "gifted" a day out with the guys for a change. And yes for the record, I pull my own weight here. 3 kids, 10,8,2. Mom works every third weekend 12 hour shifts and 2 to 3 days a week 12 hour shifts when its not her weekend. I am no stranger to washing, folding clothes, scrubbing the toilets, doing dishes, etc.. But I will take the advice of the wiser guys on here and just keep my mouth shut, happy wife, happy life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)