AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

peanut weed control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

David
Posted 6/20/2015 19:49 (#4637615 - in reply to #4637107)
Subject: RE: peanut weed control

Around here it depends. Dryland, irrigated, conventional tillage, striptill.....

What we do here is both dryland and irrigated and all striptill. We use Sonalan and Valor right behind the planter and hope for a rain. We have been doing that for about 15 years and has worked good. If we get that activated, we skip the Gramaxone and Dual. We then do a Cadre, 2,4db, and Dual later. Select for grass. That usually gets us by.

Last year I had a field that was bad pigweed and dayflower. I did an early burndown that had a yellow with it. I then put Sonalan and Valor behind planter and it got activated. I had to do a cracking spray with Gramaxone, Dual, and ENC from Helena instead of Basagran. The ENC was cheaper than Basagran and didn't really need the Basagran. I then did Cadre and more Dual. I still had to hit it with Cobra to clean up morningglory and scattered pigweed. That was entirely too much money. That field really needs about five years of Bahia grass.

We try to stay away from Cadre and Strongarm as much as possible due to carryover but they are a necessity in most parts of the peanut country here.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)