AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

land sales in June
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 6/20/2015 14:24 (#4637247 - in reply to #4637219)
Subject: Money and smarts

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!

Regarding having money and that makes you smart, and you should ask those with money for advice: Around here, the guys making out the best, inheritted land. Or Money. Or had a good land base of daddy's to start with. Or used daddy's machinery for free. Or his labor for free.

Just because my 28 year old neighbor down the road who is a multi millionaire has lots of equity, does not make him smart: It makes him extremely lucky...

Most wealthy neighbors are not wealthy from management, but wealthy from inter-generational transfer of HUGE value.

Does that make them smart? How is asking these types for advice going to help someone like me, who has not, and will not have a bunch of paid for land inheritted? It is not like he can make it so I can gain funds from a rich dad, or uncle, or whoever when they die, because for many of us, those people do not exist in the first place.

Smart? Or lucky? I say most times, LUCKY.

Now, there are some self made men out there who DO get ahead totally on their own. But many times it is old money that makes the rich look so smart. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)