AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radish/peas Planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jiget
Posted 6/18/2015 20:21 (#4634501)
Subject: Radish/peas Planting

ND
Have some ground to put cover crops on later this year I would like to use my jd 47 row 15" planter and on the the front rows plant radishes and back rows Peas or the other way around. My question is how do I go about selecting the right plate. The radishes are around 33000 seeds/lb and the peas around 3500 seeds/lb now since I would like to plant 2lbs of radishes on 30s and 13lb or so of peas on the other rows would I use all the same plate the one I see metioned a lot is JD part number A51712 but that seems like as far as the seed size would be best used for the peas and the A511713 plate considered a beet plate would be the right fit for the radish though I'd have to set the vac lower for that plate. The reason I was thinking of using these two different plates is they each are 45 cells and I have a hydraulic drive planter so could set population at 66000 and get to where I want with the radishes and be a little heavy on the peas about 19lbs. Or is it best to just use the A51712 for every row set the vac at 5 and hope for the best?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)