AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If a landlord came to you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

00rooster
Posted 6/18/2015 11:45 (#4633726 - in reply to #4632884)
Subject: RE: If a landlord came to you

This is putting the LORD in landlord.

I'd walk, Except for the tile, that is a land improvement and that is their choice.

I have a "program" a "recipe" a "franchise" I can prove it works and I can work my magic on their property too(with MY recipe)....I'm not Subway, I can't have special equipment for every situation and run around doing a custom recipe for every different landlord with all their particularities. That is not my business. If you guys want to be everything for everyone then go ahead, but I can't handle the overhead of equipment.

This is like them demanding you plant with a 12 row planter when you have a 16 row....are you gonna buy a special planter just for THAT farm?

To me, part of this business is developing your own recipe or franchise and becoming very efficient at it. You present that plan to landlords and if they want what you are selling then those are the ones you should be dealing with. Each farm is treated like another franchise location, and each needs to stand on its own. Do you walk into a McDonalds to order a pizza? Do you demand that they make you a pizza?

If you want to develop an organic farming recipe then by all means go ahead, but for a landowner to demand this major shift in your recipe is letting someone else run your business and make that decision for you.

BTW, I don't let sharecrop landlords make decisions either. I'm not putting my business in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing....I'm the expert in the room. Its like a patient telling the doctor how to perform an operation...who is in charge here?

Edited by 00rooster 6/18/2015 11:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)