AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If a landlord came to you
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 6/17/2015 23:46 (#4633083 - in reply to #4633059)
Subject: RE: If a landlord came to you

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!

Mark in WCIowa - 6/17/2015 21:23 I'm amazed any of you naysayers above have any rented ground....I do special things for ALL my landlords....I got started in organic because the neighbor lady I did chores for years earlier wanted her 240 farmed that way....best thing to ever happen to me on the business end of things. Another landlord wants a particular brand of corn...No problem Another landlord never wants to see a weed (no organic there!) ... no problem Another landlord likes all the waterways/grass areas mowed....no problem Its THEIR land....if you don't like the rules, don't farm it. But as long as I can make some money AND follow their rules, I'm in!

I am not interested in being told how to farm land. If that were the case, I would never take it on in the first place. Thankfully, most landlords around here are pretty free reign, and let you do your job and keep their noses out of your business. I see your point though, but around here, if a landlord expected certain things of the renter, they will find it tough to find someone to farm it. Land has sat idle before because of landlord meddling, and them gaining a poor enough reputation that every farmer within 50 miles refuses to deal with them.

I do see your points, all that being said. Just not for me. Depends how desperate one is for more land I guess. Thankfully around here, if you make your rent payments each year, little else matters, so long as you are not negatively affecting the land value or doing a really bad job...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)