AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Small-timer
Posted 6/17/2015 13:51 (#4631993 - in reply to #4631837)
Subject: RE: What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg

SW WI
Jackrabbit - 6/17/2015 12:24

I just had to respond to your post. I don't see how you could have 10% overlap unless you have really big equipment in really small fields. You didn't mention planter and sprayer size but if you have a 6 row planter and 45 ft sprayer with 3 sections you should not have that much overlap even if you farm triangles. Also, variable rate fertilizer and auto steer are for the big guys. That is YOUR advantage. You don't have to waste the money they do (and I have both by the way). You can take a spreader out and double spread what ever areas need more fertilizer rather than pay someone a crazy amount to do it automatically. I cannot stress enough that the dryer would be a much better investment for you. Small farmers need to realize where their competitive advantages are. Don't waste them.

Thank you. Our land is different. I fsrm strips. Always probably will guys do take them out then haul the dirt back up the hill in the fall or work the ditches out or just bounce over them. They are 100' strips. I run a 6 row narrow and will continue for quite a while. Honestly, with all this talk about high speed planters, u think I would rather go 8mph with a 6 row than 4 mph with a 12 row. Sprayer is a 30' manual fold 3 point sprayer. I bought it new at tractor supply for 2200. As far as paying the coop to spread, I dont. If I variable rate I will be doing it. However that is the future. I am trying to find my best place. Thank you for your comments. Honestly appreciate them
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)