AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 6/17/2015 11:58 (#4631801 - in reply to #4631748)
Subject: RE: What will be the greater return on investment? Dryer or precisionAg

Hennepin, IL
Lots of things to think about. I know what some of the guys are saying on tile, but I know sw wi pretty well and I'm with you on not necessarily being a need in that part of the world. I'm somewhat baised, but given the information you give right now, I'd lean towards precision equipment. If you actually have 10% overlap in your acres, that's 10 acres of corn seed and 10 acres of bean seed you are wasting. Say $1500 in seed, then if we figure a 50 bu hit on the double planted corn acres, that's 500 bu at let's just say $3. You're looking at returning $3000 per year just on the swath control alone, not including if you add downforce control or are able to catch planter issues while you are planting. I know the drying and storage setup MAY return you more in a year, but then it MAY not. Seen stored corn bite guys in the butt too. Not saying storage is bad, because it definitely pays in the long run. But couple that with not being able to go in the spot you want it long term. Also will having the small dryer slow up your custom guy or make him faster? More things to think about. Sorry for rambling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)