AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cash rent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deeregod
Posted 6/15/2015 15:20 (#4628107 - in reply to #4628067)
Subject: RE: cash rent

Pawnee,gage county, neb
CRJ - 6/15/2015 13:57

Then that tells me the APH and thus true crop yield history doesn't justify that level of rent .I know we all have farms that are probably better rent "buys" than others, but now the marginal ones need to fall the most to be worth farming. I remember the eighties when lots of landowners called looking for tenants, especially the owners with poorly drained farms. Since that time I vowed never to rent a farm that couldnt break even in the worst of years. Realisticly that meant share crop which is the most fair system out there. It does however, require a lot more work to keep everything straight.
I used to own this particular farm, sold it to a nonfarming sibling & bought more ground closer to home , have an agreement when sold it that I rent it for ten years as long as cash rent amount enough to make annual payment on loan sibling took out to buy the farm, this farm will make $ at today's prices in a normal year, its just that it used to be crp when started farming it & the first two years after it was crp the yields were below average & then in 2012 drought effected the yield as well, thus the aph is lower, the farm produced 52 BPA beans in 2014 & also 174bpa dryland corn so the fertility is there to produce a $ making crop
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)