AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on small grain dryers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Walton Farms
Posted 5/31/2015 21:56 (#4602238 - in reply to #4602192)
Subject: RE: Educate me on small grain dryers.

SW Indiana
This has been a huge time saver. The bin is 30', holds about 13,000, so I'm small enough that I harvest till it rains then I haul some out to keep making room. The wet tank holds 3200, so with my 6 row machine I can basically run all day unless I'm right at the bin site, but most of my ground is spread out. Fill it by evening and depending on moisture it will be about empty in the morning. Like I said I'll haul out dry on a rainy day, or if I catch the dryer and get the tank full I haul a load or two out of the dry bin. 6" auger feeding the dryer and taking it away, 5hp 3 phase motors on each, works great. If your young and going to do this awhile and have thoughts of farming more, I'd start building something like this IF its in the budget, you won't regret it over bin drying. I put in a power sweep and 8" unload in the dry bin last summer, that's another thing I'd recommend. Dad thought I was crazy spending that kind of money until he saw it work. Really I think I lucked out on mine, most of these little dryers are single phase and most that want a small dryer wants single phase. We had 3 phase at the farm so I really lucked out. Lucky also that we have natural gas there as well, I did convert this one as it was set up for propane. Sorry not for sale, LOL

If you have any questions or want more pictures just let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)