AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on small grain dryers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Small-timer
Posted 5/31/2015 19:43 (#4601833 - in reply to #4601660)
Subject: RE: Educate me on small grain dryers.

SW WI
4th generation
You're absolutely right. It sounds expansive. I have the concrete for a 6k bin already in place. What it is tho is a pad for a 3k bin. I will put two bins together to get 6k storage. When the concrete fails I want it gone anyhow so no loss what so ever. I have bin jacks and buddies that work for beer and some steak. The 600 bu bin is a hopper bin. It is already on concrete about 20' from where the 6k bin will be. The dryer won't be on concrete. It'll be on the driveway. The driveway is very solid well built gravel and very level. Augers. I will need an auger to fill wet bin. The auger on the wet bin will reach a small dryer I'm positive of that. It was tall enough to reach a TMR. I have an auger to go from the dryer to the bin. All of this lays out very nicely actually. Power is about 100' away. I will run the power for the dryer with the old silo unloaded cord. I have plenty to reach and it's in good shape. I know exactly what your neighbor is talking about. I am not pouring an ounce of concrete, or laying a stitch of electrical in the ground. If I was I wouldn't do it like this. I actually think this will be done for under $5k and the guy that combines for me will take the dryer to his house and dry corn. Also, LP tank can be leased for $5 from the co-op so not a big deal. I priced out doing it right. For me to build what I want starting new where it will go I will spend $80k. In 5 years I can see it. Just not now. Thank you for your input. I have had some Awesome responses and love the opposition something may pop up that makes me say duh I need to do that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)