AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/12/2008 22:50 (#458856 - in reply to #457904)
Subject: Re: New Computer

Ever consider trying a Mac? Took me about 2 -3 weeks to really get the idea behind the Mac experience after running Windows since 2.0. Once it "hit" me, I fell in love with it and now it's gonna take a serious reversal of Windows trends or Mac to really go into the tank before I'll switch back.

If you have any software that requires Windows, you can run that on any of these Intel Macs too. Use the Mac OS for most of your work and switch to Windows when you have to "slum it" using that software. ;) You can set it up as dual boot - choose which OS to boot into or use a program like Parallels that you can run Windows right along side Mac OS.

Look for a Mac Mini on Ebay - you won't have that much invested if you just can't get used to it and you'll probably get most if not all of your money back if you end up re-listing it.

Latest I've read about a new version of Windows is Windows 7 - about three years off and looking like it will be another Vista. Microsoft really, really needs to cut ties with the past and design a new OS from the ground up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)