AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a new computer and a couple other questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 5/11/2015 09:27 (#4563541 - in reply to #4563446)
Subject: RE: Looking for a new computer and a couple other questions.

Southeast Wyoming

koningj1 - 5/11/2015 07:42 Fawazhay is absolutely right, a Mac is the best computer you can buy. Period. I've used Windows computers for work and a Mac for personal use. The problems with Windows have definitely improved in the last 10 years but I still have zero problems with my Mac and occasional problems with Windows (still very susceptible to a virus and such, whereas Macs are not). Your biggest obstacle will be the change, which I don't believe is that bad. Every member of our family has a Mac, including my parents, whom I love but are not very technology literate. I prefer a laptop so I can take it anywhere. I can't imagine having a stationary one but everyone is different. My dad has a desktop but he doesn't have the need to take it place to place. Having 2 monitors is great. Especially if you use Excel or don't like printing a lot of papers. I have a docking station at work (maybe I should be working now ...) and only have 1 monitor now but I'm working on getting a second. As far as a "high horsepower" goes, I think for what it sounds like you're doing you would be fine with any laptop available. deeretech1989 brings up the 1 negative to a Mac. I don't know if it will run Ag Leaders SMS or not. Gradient Intellislope's Map & Export Utility will only run on a Windows, which is a problem for me right now - last job I had with a Windows let me download that, new job with a Windows won't and like I said, we all have Macs! The vast majority of software will run on both these days though.

Mac users typically try to minimize the fact that the Mac often will not do what needs to be done  PERIOD 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)